Skylark Micro allows electrical systems to be tested under the influence of g-force, using a parachute recovery system to ensure safe landing of the vehicle and return of the payload. Skylark Micro can also be utilised to test construction of payload materials as well as the thermal coating. Furthermore, the rocket can be used to launch satellites to investigate the ambient conditions of areas of dense atmospheric pressure, or for educational purposes.
- Length 3.32 m
- Propellant HTPB
- Airframe diameter of the First stage 0.102 M
- Thrust of the First stage 1.56 kN
- Airframe diameter of the Second stage 0.075 M
- Thrust of the Second stage 0.84 kN
- Payload mass Up to 1 kg
- ISP of the First stage 172 s
- Max G-load 16
- ISP of the Second stage 181 s
If a launch site is unavailable for use, Skyrora can provide a mobile telemetry kit that will be set up as part of a launch site. There is also potential for co-investment in equipment to allow for use of a future launch location.
The purpose of the telemetry kit is to test the key components of the launch infrastructure which will later be used for future launch vehicles. These key components include the following:
- Telemetry ground station
- Antenna and antenna mount
- Control computer (laptop PC) to communicate with the onboard systems